This holiday weekend, you can save money on products to help you reduce your water use at your home or business. This is the 4th annual Lawn and Garden Water Smart Tax Holiday!
This Memorial Day Weekend, May 23rd-25th, consumers can purchase water saving items without paying sales tax. Water saving items, as defined by the Texas Comptroller, can include any plant product, any product with a WaterSense label, mulch, rainwater collection systems, and much more! There is no limit to how many items you can purchase.
Retailers do not charge sales tax on any product that displays a WaterSense label or logo. These items can be bought for either personal or business purposes.
The categories of products are broad; you can buy items tax free during the holiday that are used or planted for:
- conserving or retaining groundwater;
- recharging water tables; or
- decreasing ambient air temperature, and so limiting water evaporation
Examples of items that qualify for the exemption include:
- a soaker or drip-irrigation hose
- a moisture control for a sprinkler or irrigation system
- a rain barrel or an alternative rain and moisture collection system
- a permeable ground cover surface that allows water to reach underground basins, aquifers or water collection points
- plants, trees and grasses
- water-saving surfactants
- soil and compost
Remember, the City’s Water Conservation program offers rebates on many water-saving and WaterSense labeled items. And residents can always pick up free mulch from the brush recycling center.
Denial of responsibility! Vertical Lobby is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – email@example.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.