UK man left with burns to his body after attempting viral egg hack on TikTok

A man’s attempt to poach eggs via a viral TikTok hack backfired horribly after he was left with full-body burns.

A UK man’s attempt to poach eggs via a viral TikTok hack backfired horribly after the shortcut literally blew up in his face.

A TikTok video chronicling his calamitous cooking hack amassed nearly 650,000 views since it was uploaded last week, the NY Post reports.

Users were left shocked after the hack left the man with full-body burns

“Last night didn’t go according to plan,” Gary McDougall, who lives in Perth, Scotland, explained in the video PSA, which shows him sporting “Deadpool”-esque facial burns.

The culinary catastrophe began while the 40-year-old Scotsman was poaching an egg in the microwave – as he said he’d reportedly done 100 million times before.

“You boil the kettle, fill an ordinary teacup halfway up with water and then crack the egg into the cup,” Gary told Deadline News.

“You then put it in the microwave for 40 seconds and voila, one poached egg.”

However, disaster struck after he took the egg out of the microwave.

Gary attempted to use a spoon to scoop the runny snack out of the cup, whereupon the orb burst, causing the scalding water to squirt all over his face and chest.

The burns extended from his belly to his face and left him unable to open his right eye.

Gary has since gone to the emergency department and is currently recovering from the freak accident, Deadline reported.

Luckily, he’s still able to see out of his injured peeper.

However, the Scottish egg enthusiast hopes his mishap will dissuade others from attempting the half-baked hack.

“Be careful alright, don’t poach eggs in the microwave,” he warned in the TikTok clip. “Buy one of those machines.”

Unfortunately, Gary is not the first to be injured while microwaving eggs, which has taken TikTok by storm of late.

This past July, a UK woman burned half the skin off her face while attempting the foolhardy kitchen feat.

This article originally appeared on the NY Post and was reproduced with permission

Originally published as TikTok poached egg hack backfires horribly after man left with burns

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Verticall lobby is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – admin@verticallobby.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment